Sonoma Coast

Sonoma Coast

Monday, February 8, 2016

Nordic Wind

This warm winter shawl tells the story of a local shepherdess.  Each color represents one sheep from her flock.  She sheared the sheep, and had each of their wools' spun at a local fiber mill.  Each is the natural color of the wool.  There were no dyes used. 

It is the Nordic Winds shawl pattern, which can be found on Ravelry.  My only modification was yarn choice.  I saw this yarn sitting in a basket at The Yarn Studio in Casey, IL and knew right away it was special.  I also knew exactly what to do with it.  

The yarn came with the names of the sheep attached.  From left to right is Nehi, Levi, Clara, and Elizabeth.

This is the kind of project that makes my heart sing.  I'm in love with the yarn, I enjoyed the rhythm of mindless knitting, and the finished project is better (and bigger) than I could have hoped for!



No comments:

Post a Comment