Sonoma Coast

Sonoma Coast

Friday, October 19, 2012

Handspun Poncho

This poncho has been a labor of love.  I loved every second of making it, from spinning the yarn, to designing and knitting it.  I started the poncho at the top with the darkest and thinnest of the two-ply yarn, and proceeded to work to the bottom with the lightest and thickest of the yarn.  And there are variations, believe me.   I was learning as I went along.  And being the beginner that I am, I didn’t take any notes as I was going.  So all of the technical data is long gone, and all that remains is this perfectly fitting and functional addition to my fall and winter wardrobe.  It is rustic and feminine, with all of its nubs and imperfections. 



Pattern:  My own (adaptation of a poncho in the Winter 2002 issue of Vogue Knitting)
Yarn:  My own handspun which is a two-ply, active twist, Romney in the natural grey color.  It rranges in weight from worsted to bulky.  To accomodate this I started on a size 11 needle, and gradually increased to a size 13 to finish.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment